Polo G Reveals He Almost Overdosed Before ‘Heartless’ Video Shoot

Polo G Ring

is looking back on his brush with death.

In honor of his “Heartless” video surpassing 100 million views on YouTube, the Chicago rapper took to Instagram to celebrate the milestone while revealing that he was hospitalized after almost overdosing on pills right before the video shoot.

“Back story Fa Dat video I was Fresh out the hospital bed From almost overdosing Onnem pills,” he told his followers.

But he was able to bounce back in time to film the video. “I pop right back out & Shoot Dat Video now dat Bitch Platinum w 100ms By it.”

The -produced song, which appears on Polo’s 2020 album The Goat, has since been certified platinum.

This isn’t the first time Polo has shared his struggle with drugs. Back in December, the 23-year-old rapper recalled a near-death experience where he overdosed on 17 pills in one day.

“When I woke up, I was in the hospital,” he said, according to Complex. “And my pops was just explaining to me like, ‘Yeah, man, they said you would had been here any second, even a minute later, you wouldn’t have made it. You probably could’ve passed.’”

Polo admitted that he had no recollection of what happened. “They was just walking me through everything that happened that day, because I really didn’t remember at all. I think it was like 17 pills I had took in one day, about 15 Xanax and two [Ecstasy] pills.”

The scary incident forced him to get sober. “So that just made me think, like knowing that I got my son, that I got to slow down off that. And that made me quit X and Xanax all together.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.